Backup Manager offer a free solution of a Dump Backup of Microsoft SQL Express and Server Database.
With Backup Manager you can add a job of a SQL instance with retention, schedule and have an email log of the backup.
The job create a zip file of databases and you can set the retention (rotation) of backup.
IMPORTANT: for SQL Backup set a user in Windows Services for "Trevor backup Manager Agent" service, with a real user. Not Local system but a real user.
Backup Manager Add a Sql Backup
- In Backup Manager Add a new Sql Backup
- Start: insert a job name
- SQL Instance: select the instance and the authentication
- Select DB: you can select "AllDb", "AllUserDb", "SystemDbOnly". Usually select AllDb
- Target: select the target location of backup
- Retention: you can set the Aging of backup files
- Schedule: you have a full scheduler system
Test the Job
Now you can test the job: right click on job and Schedule immediate execution
After some seconds you can find a zip files in the destination backup folder. In the zip files you can find all DB dump.
Schedule a Monthly Job
When you have the job created you can scheduled another monthly job with 2 click: right click on the job - create monthly job
You have an automatic copy of the Job. Edit the job, select the retention (if you set 12 you have a year of backup).
Configuring the Mail Settings in Backup Manager you'll receive a backup log email from the Sql Backup.
Mail Monitor Integration
If you have a valid account in Mail Monitor, you can add job automatically Via Backup Manager.
- In Backup Manager click on "Mail Monitor" Tab
- Login: Insert the login of Mail Monitor account